Castlebar Mitchels is an official GAA HEALTHY CLUB.
Just 1 in 5 of the 1,600 clubs in Ireland have Healthy Club status.
Official recognition was gained after an 18 month process of Training and Projects.
The aim is to make our club a healthier place for everyone to enjoy.
Some of our projects to date include:
(1) Developing a club “Critical Incidence Response Plan”.
(2) Designating Castlebar Mitchels a “Smoke-Free” club – one of 113 clubs in Ireland.
(3) Trained over 100 members/public in CPR in conjunction with Irish Heart Foundation.
(4) “Recipes for Success” – a “hands on” kitchen-based cookery workshop for our Minor players
(5) Talks on (a)Alcohol/Drugs/Gambling Awareness, (b) Security in the Home
(6) Workshop for parents on “Internet Safety & Cyberbullying” in conjunction with Barnardos