FREE CPR TRAINING AT CASTLEBAR MITCHELS
February 23, 2020
Every day in Ireland 13 people die from a cardiac arrest and around 70% of these happen at home. Unfortunately, just 6.5% of people in Ireland who have a cardiac arrest in a non-hospital setting survive.
Hands for Life is an hour long course, organised by Castlebar Mitchels GAA Club, which includes a practical element of performing CPR on a manikin. The course will be delivered by an experienced Irish Heart Foundation instructor and is open to all members of the public over 18 years of age.
Course date and times: The course will take place in An Sportlann, Elverys MacHale Park on Tuesday 3rd March. There are 3 sessions: 5.0pm, 6.30pm, and 8.0pm. To book a session, book online at www.handsforlife.ie or contact 087-2469331
Why is CPR important?
- Over 5,000 people die from sudden cardiac death in Ireland each year and over 70% of cardiac arrests occur in the home in front of a loved one.
- By starting CPR immediately you double the persons chances of surviving.
- Unfortunately, less than 7% of people in Ireland who have a cardiac arrest in a non-hospital setting survive. But CPR is an easy skill to learn and once you know how to do it, you could save someone’s life.
- By getting an AED to the person within the first few minutes their chances of survival greatly improve.
The training course takes just under one hour to complete and attendees will learn:
- How to recognise a cardiac arrest
- How to perform compressions, including hands-on practice on a CPR training manikin
- How to use an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- How to respond to a choking emergency
- How to recognise a stroke
How to register online for a course?
Go to www.handsforlife.ie and complete the following steps to register and book in for the Castlebar course:
Please choose which county and location of a course that suits
Click on a time that suits to attend the course and this will bring you to Eventbrite
Please choose the amount of places you want to book, then click register
Once register is clicked then please enter your contact details
The person who booked the course will receive a confirmation email
Each individual that attends will receive an email after the training, which will include their certificate of attendance.